1.  There is no built in way to do this currently.
If you look at the issues list and look at issue 59 you might want to
star it.

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list

also, if you search this group for "bulk uploader" you will find a
thread linking to a bulk uploader someone wrote:
http://code.google.com/p/gawsh/

2.  would you want this interface to connect to your live app or a
local copy of your datastore?   How would this interface be different
than including a page in your app that had the appropriate interface?
You can prevent users from seeing certain pages by using the "admin"
option in your app.yaml