Yikes - "serving unaffected" for me is exactly wrong! The way I've
architected one of my apps, without memcache my requests will pretty
much all timeout.  I will need to put the app "offline" for the
duration of the maintenance.

"We will be taking memcache offline tomorrow morning from 9-10am PST
(GMT-8) for routine maintenance."

Can I ask about the use of the phrase "routine maintenance"?  With all
due respect to your exciting and currently free product, can you
please confirm that as we move into a paid version of the service we
can expect this type of maintenance to be not routine, but the very
rare exception?

<3,
Ben