I think I'm missing something really simple here but I can't see
what.  I have an object I'm calling ProgressEvent (PE) which is a
db.Model that I've successfully written and stored.  I am now writing
a function to show all the PEs in the datastore, so I wrote this:

class showProgressEvents(webapp.RequestHandler):
    def get(self):
        query = ProgressEvent.all()
        pevents = query.fetch(10)

        self.response.out.write("Showing events:\n")

        for pevent in pevents: # I've also used "for pevent in query:"
            self.response.out.write(pevent.key)
            self.response.out.write("\n")

But all it ever prints is:
Showing events:
<class 'google.appengine.ext.db.StringProperty'>
<class 'google.appengine.ext.db.StringProperty'>

The number of lines printed is correct. What am I missing?

--

faber