Recently Internet Explorer 8 has started to show a Security Alert
popup when signing in to my Google App Engine application. In the past
I haven't noticed this.

For ordinary users a popup like this can be outright frightening! The
popup in IE 8 says:

"Security Alert

You are about to view pages over a secure connection.

Any information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed by anyone
else on the web."

The content as you can see is harmless, but the scary popup Security
Alert will certainly not look harmless to ordinary Internet users.
Heck, even I myself, an experienced developer, reacted to this popup.

Can the sign in for Google App Engine applications be modified so that
this Security Alert does not pop up?