Hi,
I am trying to load my development datastore using the bulk loader script.
However the import is very slow. I had to kill the import process since it
was not completed even after 12 hours. I have about 13K rows in the CSV
file. One data model entity is about 300 bytes. 10 entities are imported at
a time. The model has two unicode attributes, two unicode list attributes ,
one url and one long attribute. I use unicode.split to populate list
attributes. I am running the bulk loader in a virtual machine having 512MB
memory. During the import about 91% memory is utilized. I have not specified
any custom index in index.yaml.

Could someone please tell me why the import is so slow? What optimization
should I do to improve the performance? I have not yet loaded the data at
appspot. Above observations are for my local development server. Are there
any performance numbers available for the bulk loader script?

Thanks in advance,
Jyoti