There's db.BlobProperty as file data type
blob = self.request.POST['file'].file.read()
You can store files as blobs i.e. db.BlobProperty and you could store
files > 1 mb by complicatingly breaking the file into 1 mb datapieces.
I had a look here:
http://code.google.com/p/gae-services-examples/source/browse/trunk/srv/fridge/views.py