Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong and not realizing what it
is that I'm doing wrong?  :)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<myhd>/appengine/google/appengine/ext/webapp/__init__.py",
line 501, in __call__
    handler.post(*groups)
  File "<myhd>/projects/captchr/src/admin/criteria/criteria.py", line
57, in post
    criterion = data.save()
  File "<myhd>/appengine/google/appengine/ext/db/djangoforms.py", line
801, in save
    converted_data[name] = prop.make_value_from_form(value)
  File "<myhd>/appengine/google/appengine/ext/db/djangoforms.py", line
207, in make_value_from_form
    value = self.data_type(value)
TypeError: The basestring type cannot be instantiated

Downloaded AppEngine 1.1.7 to see if it fixes this; doesn't seem to.
Suspicious that I might be doing something wrong, although error seems
to come up in Google code.