Hello, I agree GAE is usefull to store and search a big number of
light entities (ids of pictures)... but dont use GAE to process
pictures, it will die; the advice is to use java (as applets) or
javascript to process information in the client (not server), (as
facebook use an applet to resize pictures before upload, or I guess
http://www.photofunia.com/ do so).