2008/12/1 David Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello,
>
> If goggle has positioned the app engine to be used as a comercial product
> why doesn't it allow what they call Naked domains. The only option is to
> have a main domain www.xxx.com forward to the sub domain xxx.xxx.com.

not exactly, you just need to use a subdomain, so you have xxx.com
redirect to www.xxx.com (or any other subdomain eg xxx.com to
yyy.xxx.com)

its mainly because appengine is a distributed product and so uses
cnames and dns to apply the geographic distrubution. but cnames are
not well supported on naked domains.

about the only way to support naked domains is a reverse proxy - which
aside from the technical issues (which is slated as the reason its no
longer supported) - its really bad from a practical pov - it basically
undermines the distribution to make everything go though a central
proxy. ie is really slow (and there really isnt much that can be done
about it)

notice even google.com redirects to www.google.com

--
Barry