Hi,

I have to retrieve some entities by key multiple times during single
request.

I do use memcache but getting quite high CPU usage and lot's of
warnings.

As I retrieve the same entity by it key multiple (many) times during a
request I wonder could I improve my code by caching results on per
request handler instance basis? I sure I could but as newbie in Python
I'm not sure what is the best place & way to do that.

I could add variable to a request object (I use Django) but that will
require to pass it to every place where I need to use it. It's too
complicated.

I wonder is there such a thing like a HttpContext.Current in C#? In
ASP.NET if I want to store/retrieve an object on per request basis
I'll simply do next:

   HttpContext.Current.Items["key"] = value;
   var value = HttpContext.Current.Items["key"];

Is the anything similar in AppEngine/Python?

Again, as a Python newbie will apreciate a working code sample.

I think this question could be interesting to many people.