This is really quite neat. I hope we can look forward to seeing more
modules to choose from in the future!
You could work around the 1MB limit by providing a command-line tool
that takes the same settings as the site and downloads the components
separately. At the 'lots of work' end of the scale, you could even
provide a virtual Git or SVN repository that people can pull/clone/
fork to start their project off!

-Nick