I'm working with Jeff Scudder's article and sample code for GData
feeds in GAE.  I'm interested in the GMail Contacts feed, which is
commented out in his source file [feedfetcher.py, lines #165, 166].

Two questions:
1. Is the GMail Contacts feed is still in alpha?  Is that why these
lines were commented out while the code for other feeds is active?
2. I was able to get the GMail Contacts feed working, but it is giving
me a list of contacts that seems to be about 6 months old.  I've tried
adding a new contact and changing e-mail address for a contact.  None
of these seems to change the list of contacts that I get from the
GMail Contacts feed.  Is it pulling from a cache rather than real-time
data?

Thanks for your time.