AFAIK, the answer is yes only to some of your points listed below:

On Dec 10, 4:38 pm, rvjcallanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks James,
>
> I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick here.
> I've been playing around with the SDK up to now but have not actually
> deployed yet.
>
> Are you basically saying that I can...
>
> 1. Allow 1000s of Google Apps account holders to easily deploy
> *isolated instances* of my app:

Well, they are not isolated, you have to write your code to isolated
them (based on detecting the custom domain)

> 2. Protect my app code from inspection by said Google Apps account
> holders.

Yes.

> 3. Assign responsibility for hosting cost of app instances to said
> Google Apps account holders (when the service is eventually monetised)

again, you have to track traffic for each deployed app (based on
detecting the custom domain) and do your own billing, unless Google
will roll out a billings service based on deployed app domains (that
of course would be great) and not just on consumption per developer
account.

> 4. Roll-out software updates automatically to each Google Apps account
> holder who uses my app.

Yes

> If the answer is "YES" to each of the above, then you will have made
> my day!!

regards
Roberto