thanks for the pointer but I'm just too ignorant to understand, it
seems.

Would it be possible to give me a set of files that will work directly
in the app-engine framework?

By this I mean something like:
- app.yaml
- mychartmaker.py
- chartpage.html
- data.json

Otherwise, I just can't seem to follow you...
Thanks,
GF.