Hi Alex,

We are definitely interested in offering Django 1.0 with App Engine in the
future.  However, it seems likely that including Django 1.0 as the default
Django version with App Engine would need to be part of an api version
change, since such a change would likely brake existing apps.

In terms of the high CPU warnings, we are generally working on a solution
that will lesson the affect of such warnings on applications, so we hope we
can address this soon not just for this case, but in general.

As for the time concern, there isn't much right now that can be done.  But
as your application increases in popularity, it's more likely people will
see an already warm interpreter and thus not have to wait for a new
initialization.

-Marzia