Hi,

I think the GAE is a real game-changer.  It will result in an
explosion of creativity that will dwarf what we have seen in Web 2.0
thus far.

There's a lot of interesting computer science and software engineering
involved in building the GAE, but I suspect less so in terms of
building apps for it.  This is particularly true since GAE apps will
by necessity need to be simple so that they are scalable:  there's
only so much you can do in the time available for a request.

And so IMO, the GAE is less about computer science and more about a
new creative field -- more art than science.  I think that's great.
This is long overdue.  See
http://weblog.fortnow.com/2006/07/science-and-art-of-computation.html

Amir