Good day.

Would someone kindly point out how to obtain the HTTP response status
message on the client side when using the default GAE webapp
framework?  By status message, I mean the "Reason Phrase" as defined
here

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-6.1.1

On the server side, I have

self.response.set_status(httplib.PRECONDITION_FAILED, "Some custom
message")

On the client side, I attempt to retrieve what is in fact "Some custom
message" using

self.response.http_status_message()

but I obtain this Python error:

AttributeError: HTTPResponse instance has no attribute
'http_status_message'

Thank you.