Well... if the data you want to store can be mapped to one of the gdata
types (like calendar, documents, blogger) or defined in Google Base, and you
are OK with making the user authenticate once more (to connect their Google
Whatever account to their account in your application, then the answer is
actually YES.

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/usinggdataservices.html

Keep in mind that communicating with gdata using the python library will
count against your outgoing bandwidth quota-- although I've been thinking of
a tricky way around that-- when possible, you could use the Javascript API
instead, making the users web browser do some of the work and using none of
your precious bandwidth.

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/client-js.html