Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> Did you also notice that applications that aren't written in Python
> won't run at all?  The filesystem is the least of your problems here.
>
> On Dec 27, 5:22 pm, "gom...@gmail.com" <gom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> what do they mean by the application can not write data to the file
>> system. i have an email application written in c# and in order for it
>> to be sent it must temporarily post to which ever server its running
>> on in order to relay to its client like so
>>
>> strFileName = Path.GetFileName(FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileName);
>>                 // Preced the file name with "attachments/" so
>>                 // the file is saved to our attachments directory
>>                 strFileName = "attachments/" + strFileName;
>>                 // Save the file on the server
>>                 FileUpload1.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath
>> (strFileName));
>>                 // Create the email attachment with the uploaded file
>>                 Attachment attach = new Attachment(Server.MapPath
>> (strFileName));
>>                 // Attach the newly created email attachment
>>                 Mail.Attachments.Add(attach);
>>
>> so would something like this work on theyre end

i was actually aware of that. however because of the information i gave
im willing to understand. moreover, ive changed my mind (somewhat) im
.net oriented i do not use linux and i know little about lamp. changing
now for the temptation of free hosting is like changing my sexual
orientation for a million bucks. its just not worth it. ill juss wait
for my azure invite, or pay