I ended-up building my own "xml_to_array()" function. turned out to be
rather easy because the model.to_xml() uses such a nice and compact
schema. what language are you using? my function is in PHP if you want
me to post it. otherwise I think you'll be hard pressed to find a
generic utility function that is built to handle GData types.