I am wondering if there is any interest in some sort of wrapper for
the datastore with other object relational mappers. Such wrappers
would make it easier to transition between GAE and other databases--
just change some db settings. For example, while GAE is compatible
with Django (.96), you must change all of your database models and
queries. I understand that BigTable is not a relational databse,
however it can be used somewhat relationally via its ReferenceProperty
().
Does anyone else want this? Is it even technically possible/practical?

Thanks,
Alan