On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:02 PM, MajorProgamming wrote:
> Firstly, Do these mappings also support regular expression mappings?

They *are* regular expressions. That's how those expressions are evaluated.

> Secondly, How can I use "dynamic mappings" (like instead of
> http://example.com/article?id=20 -- http://example.com/article/20)?

('/article/([\d]+)', Article)

With the above rule, the matched values are passed to the handler, in
order. So in Article you'll have the method get(self, article_id),
which receives the article id from the matched rule.

> [and is there any advantage to doing query strings in this fashion?]

Well, sometimes query strings are more convenient, but in many times
you would want to certify that only url's with minimally valid
parameters (in the above example, an integer) will match. With ?id=20,
you'll have to check if an id is passed in the handler method, *after*
the dispatch process. It's also a matter of aesthetics and, most
important, how your handlers are organized.

-- rodrigo