Hi Ray,

On Jan 2, 6:42 pm, Ray Malone <rayish...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure of the benefits of using the Patch.  I have been able to
> build two good sized apps (1000+ lines of code each) using the App
> Engine defaults.   I know my code is not best practice yet, so I'm
> looking to learn more and make my next app better.  While I like how
> the models are setup, the process of creating and maintaining an app
> seems complicated.  Can you tell me what I would gain from using the
> Patch.  Thanks

Please watch this video, no matter if you choose webapp or Django:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-S0tqpPga4&feature=channel_page

We put our own Django best-practice into app-engine-patch and we share
our experience, so other open-source projects can create better code:
http://code.google.com/p/app-engine-patch/wiki/SelfContainedApps

Of course, you can implement everything for webapp yourself. But
you'll do it alone and you'll reinvent the wheel; and we all started
with a square wheel before we got a round one. ;)

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald