2009/1/1 mclovin <hanoo...@gmail.com>:

> I wanted to test out some SMS web app, where I can communicate w/ the
> application from my phone. I was wondering if the App Engine allows me
> to do this through the use of either AIM libraries or Gtalk Libraries
> written in python.

Hi there,

If you are willing to pay a small amount for SMS credit, BulkSMS
<http://www.bulksms.co.uk/> support 2-way SMS that would easily
interoperate with AppEngine. A few years ago I also wrote a client
library for them, <http://code.google.com/p/py-sms/>, which would work
on AppEngine when using the appengine-monkey package.

BulkSMS supports delivery worldwide, and provides 2-way SMS using a
dynamically allocated sender number, which when replied to, causes
either an e-mail to be sent or an HTTP POST back to your web site.

David.

--
It is better to be wrong than to be vague.
  — Freeman Dyson