Hi, there,

I've been trying to figure out what is happening with my code, and
after pounding my head against the wall for a while, I thought I'd ask
you guys.

I'm trying to extract some lines containing "X=" from an inputform.
Here's the portion of code that is giving me trouble:

    inputdata = self.request.get('inputdata')
    nlines = inputdata.splitlines
    xlines = []
    for val in nlines:
      if val.find('X='):
        xlines.append(val)

Here's the error I get:
    for val in nlines:
TypeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object is not iterable

I thought that splitlines would return a list, which should be
iterable, right?