These dev_appserver.py params seem important for running multiple
instances:

--address=ADDRESS, -a ADDRESS
Address to which this server should bind. (Default
localhost).

--port=PORT, -p PORT
Port for the server to run on. (Default 8080)

--datastore_path=PATH
Path to use for storing Datastore file stub data.
(Default /var/folders/PP/PP05HWgpEyadqSwuIRPRSU+++TI/-Tmp-/
dev_appserver.datastore)

--history_path=PATH
Path to use for storing Datastore history.
(Default /var/folders/PP/PP05HWgpEyadqSwuIRPRSU+++TI/-Tmp-/
dev_appserver.datastore.history)

I would expect multiple processes might butt heads when accessing the
same Datastore.  And of course you need to put the servers on
different address/port combinations.