Hi Dan, Thanks a lot for a quick clarifying reply.
 I am googling continuously to find the solution. One of the solution
that I found is at the below given link
http://www.ioncannon.net/web-services/180/soap-on-the-google-app-engine-platform/
I goes through this tutorial but got stuck at "python wsdl2py
SimpleEcho.wsdl". How to run this command?. I have downloaded the
ZSI-2.1-a1.tar.gz

Actually my web service consumer is an IPhone application. In my
previous project on iphone that consumes a .net web service, I have
noticed that we have to make the web service REST enabled so that the
iphone can consume it. Also, if the python web service can be an xml
web service then it will be helpful. Can you tell me that without
using ZSI library, I can create an xml web service for google app
engine using python?
For a given table [Python class]
class Person(db.Model):
    FirstName = db.StringProperty()
    LastName = db.StringProperty()
    Address = db.StringProperty()
What code, I will have to write in the request handler for getting an
xml result [a collection of Person class objects]?