I'm relatively new to web programming, so don't feel back about
telling me the obvious :)

I have a simple model consisting of Account entities that can own many
document entities. I'd like to create a short as possible, globally
unique URL scheme that I can use to access any document. For testing
right now I'm just using the documents .key() in the URL. So for
example my urls look something like this:

/documents/
ag13cml0ZXJvb20tY29tchwLEgdBY2NvdW50GH4MCxIIRG9jdW1lbnQYiQEM

But that's really long. I'm now trying to figure out the easiest way
to make it shorter. One option that I'm considering is to just put the
account id and document id in the URL separated by a dash like this:

/documents/126-137

And then I can reconstruct the Key like this:

db.Key.from_path('Account', account_key, 'Document', document_key)

I haven't actually tried this yet... but I think it should work?

My goal is a unique, short, permanent URL for every document in the
system. If I'm going about this the wrong way or doing something dumb
please let me know.

Thanks,
Jesse