On 1 (one!!)  single sign-on I got this error in my log. Several
people login during the day and than no error appears, so why this
suddenly happens is a big mistery!!

The update is only on these fields:

 r[0].update_record(last_attempt_time=int(now),
last_login_time=now2.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"))

If you want reliable and robust solutions then such behavior is not
want you want to see....
Has anybody an idea why this happens and how to prevent it?

Kind regards,
Peter

update_record
    item.put()
  File "/base/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/db/
__init__.py", line 657, in put
    return datastore.Put(self._entity)
  File "/base/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/
datastore.py", line 162, in Put
    raise _ToDatastoreError(err)
  File "/base/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/
datastore.py", line 1637, in _ToDatastoreError
    raise errors[err.application_error](err.error_detail)
Timeout: datastore timeout: operation took too long.