Looks like an interesting meeting. I would show them the registration
and upload process. It is one of the things I like about GAE because
it is well done. (I use the Mac app engine launcher). Also, it will
help them when they go to upload their own apps in the future if they
have seen you do it in your presentation.

I don't really have a simple or impressive app idea but I would like
to point out that GAE is an especially good platform for emergency
services because of its ability to sit unused (no cost ) and then
scale to meet sudden demand. Maybe users text message their location
to your application for immediate tally?

Good luck back there in NYC, (my old hometown)
-Tim