I've been developing for the Google Android platform for about 3
months now, and I think it's wonderful.  Before the Android Market
goes live, I would like to set up a web site for the apps I plan to
release.

I'm curious if learning Google App Engine (and Python) is the route I
should take.  I have only made simple web pages before in HTML, so I'm
a little bewildered about which direction I should go in.

Can I host web sites themselves with App Engine alone?  Or is the App
Engine tool something different?

Should I just make a simple website in a free web editor and find
someone to host it?

Heck, I've never even hosted the few simple pages I've made, because
they were for an intro to HTML class in college.  Up until now, I've
focused mainly on stand-alone applications, not the web.

ANY helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!