You can follow redirects manually like so:

response = urlfetch.fetch(url, allow_truncated=True,
follow_redirects=False)
if 'Location' in response.headers:
    url = response.headers.get('Location')
    response = urlfetch.fetch(url, allow_truncated=True)

You could also loop this to follow more than one redirect.