The error I'm receiving for a section of my code is:
RequestTooLargeError: The request to API call images.Transform() was
too large.

I'm trying to resize images to thumb nails, and it's failing.

I saw this thread (which mysteriously I can't seem to reply to...):
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/2f5cb194e8f74aa1

Quote:
"
Currently we have a 1MB request limit, which likely explains the error
you're seeing. At the moment the only workaround is to restrict the
size of images accepted by your application.

Daniel
"

However, I'm seeing this error turn up for numbers much lower than 1
MB, and its weird.
Anyone else seen this?

For example my code (below) returns:
Failed: Invalid file: The request to API call images.Transform() was
too large. (image size was: 2592 x 1944) (image data was:
1.25500011444 MB)

But unexpectedly:
Failed: Invalid file: The request to API call images.Transform() was
too large. (image size was: 768 x 1024) (image data was:
0.292947769165 MB)

As if the resize request is converting the low quality JPG in the
second example into a bitmap, and then realizing that the resulting
image is too large?

I've looked into /google/appengine/api/images/images_stub.py but it
seems to just be passing the request on to PIL, which is definitely
not the source of this error.

So... help?

The code I'm using is:
try:
                    # Data image bytes
                    data = args['data'].value # Raw form data
                    type, swidth, sheight = img.getImageInfo (data)
                    type = images.PNG # Transcode to PNG
                    width = 640
                    height = 480
                    thumb = images.resize (data, width, height)

                    # Apply action
                    response = self.savePicture (user, data, thumb,
type)
                    success = response['status']
                    response = response['response']
                    error = ''
                except Exception, e:
                    success = 'false'
                    lvalue = (float(len(args['data'].value)) /
1024.0) / 1024.0;
                    response = '\'Invalid file: ' + str(e) + '(image
size was: ' + str(swidth) + ' x ' + str(sheight) + ') (image data was:
' + str(lvalue) + ' MB)\''
                    error = ''

~
Doug.