Hi,

If I read your email correctly, this is expected behavior.  See this
article for more details:
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/auth.html

To summarize, the issue is that your app can only serve the
authentication page that matches the type of authentication chosen
when registering your application.  Since the app is using Google Apps
authentication, you can not sign in to any part of the actual
application with a Google Accounts email, even if you are an admin for
that app.

This restriction does not apply to the admin console - so you can
still upload your application and view the Admin Console pages for an
app with Google Apps authentication using a Google Accounts account.

Hope this helps clarify the issue.

-Marzia