On Jan 25, 6:22 am, James Ashley <james.ash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 3:34 pm, niklasr <nikla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > example: upload a 2 MB file through a html form, split it serverside
> > into 2 or 3 parts, then store the parts as blobs of max 1 MB each.
> > It's inconvenient yet a method to serve large files with no difference
> > towards the client.
>
> Is this a new development?  Last I checked, a request > 1MB would just
> fail.

It's probably been possible since gae start, only too complicated.
Requests > 1MB from html upload form are read:

file = self.request.POST.get('file').file.read()
len = file.__len__()

or in MB

len = file.__len__()/(1024.0*1024.0)

With above code I can determine filesizes > 1 MB. Then storing and
serving the larger files requires partitioning at max 1 MB.

best regards
Niklas