Hi @ll,

This has probably been asked before, in that case, sorry for my
ignorance.

My system only had python 2.4 installed. So I downloaded python 2.5.3,
build it on my system, enabling the md5, and various necessary sha...
modules, and now reach a point where python itself seems to start up
nicely, but I'm running into a problem with urllib2.

$ Python-2.5.4/python -v google_appengine/dev_appserver.py apps/
helloworld/

[...]
import cookielib # precompiled from /home/rhundt/projects/Python-2.5.4/
Lib/cookielib.pyc
# /home/rhundt/projects/Python-2.5.4/Lib/_LWPCookieJar.pyc matches /
home/rhundt/projects/Python-2.5.4/Lib/_LWPCookieJar.py
import _LWPCookieJar # precompiled from /home/rhundt/projects/
Python-2.5.4/Lib/_LWPCookieJar.pyc
# /home/rhundt/projects/Python-2.5.4/Lib/_MozillaCookieJar.pyc
matches /home/rhundt/projects/Python-2.5.4/Lib/_MozillaCookieJar.py
import _MozillaCookieJar # precompiled from /home/rhundt/projects/
Python-2.5.4/Lib/_MozillaCookieJar.pyc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "google_appengine/dev_appserver.py", line 60, in <module>
    run_file(__file__, globals())
  File "google_appengine/dev_appserver.py", line 57, in run_file
    execfile(script_path, globals_)
  File "/home/rhundt/projects/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/
dev_appserver_main.py", line 73, in <module>
    from google.appengine.tools import appcfg
  File "/home/rhundt/projects/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/
appcfg.py", line 55, in <module>
    from google.appengine.tools import appengine_rpc
  File "/home/rhundt/projects/google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/
appengine_rpc.py", line 31, in <module>
    https_handler = urllib2.HTTPSHandler
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'HTTPSHandler'

Did anybody else run into this before?

Thanks
  Robert