Let's use a simple example of a model containing posts and comments.
The comment model contains a ReferenceProperty to Post, with a
"comments" collection name.

It always works fine locally:

# Let's build a query object:
from model import Post
p = Post.all().get()
p.comments
>> <google.appengine.ext.db.Query object at 0xcb27cac>
# Now we can fetch a list of comment entities.

Sometimes, it works correctly on production. But sometimes, this
happens:

# Let's build a query object:
from model import Post
p = Post.all().get()
p.comments
>> AttributeError: 'Post' object has no attribute 'comments'

And this is for entities where I've double and triple checked the
model and the existence of the reference data. This problem didn't
exist for me unitl a few days ago, either.

I suspect this could be an index.yaml issue, but I use the -
require_indexes dev_appserver param, and I've double-checked my index.

Please, please do suggest something if you know the answer. This is a
nasty bug, and I have no idea where it's coming from.