My app is working fine locally on dev_appserver, but I am getting the
error in the subject line after I do an "appcfg update".

The error occurs on a query that happens on the welcome page of the
app.

I think I uploaded a version that had FloatProperty in one of my
databases, but I can't remember my exact order of operations that led
to this error. Now, I've changed my application locally so that that
field in my database is a StringProperty (I'll deal with the
"floatness" of it later) and I get an error after I do appcfg update.

I also tried using Python 3.0 (I got an error message from the
appserver that said I can't use FloatProperty with 2.5), but I got an
error in dev_appserver.py because execfile() is obsolete (is there a
workaround for this, yet?)

I know that post is sort of rambling, but any ideas?