Over the past 2 days, my app has been experiencing terrible
performance fluctuations, even timing out on several occasions for a
site which has no traffic except for me typing into a browser (for a
page which typically takes <80ms).  I saw this again this morning
(2/5) around 8am PST.  In these particular cases, ms-cpu was <1s, but
actual ms was >9s??

Is Google infrastructure having a problem?  Performance was terrible
2/4 late morning, great 2/4 night, and terrible again 2/5 morning.
The GAE admin dashboard makes it seem that everything is OK.

Not to confuse the issue, but we recently started using the included
Django 0.96 framework a couple of weeks ago.  Could that be the
problem?

Is anyone else seeing this issue?