Thanks Shawn. Okay, Django will help me convert python objects to JSON, and
at the GWT end, you can use a standard JSON Parser, but besides that, all of
the rest you will never ever use, correct? Nothing wrong with that, but was
just curious, all this Django capabilities are of no use to you all of a
sudden. I havent looked too much in GWT yet, but I am sure it will cover for
the empty space well.
In general, would you recommend GWT + App Engine for developing something,
although there are many plus points in creating this division between client
and server end, but there are some hurdles too: what about user logins? will
you have to develop it all at client end too? How would you do user
authentication the App Engine way which was really straight forward before?
I would like to explore these hurdles and questions before I jump in. Both
of them are really powerful alone, but together, do they make a good system
or is it just too much hassle?

Thanks in advance for your input and thoughts.