Hi Matija,

I found this part of the new docs a bit confusing as well, and I'd
appreciate some clarification if anyone from Google is available.

My guess though is that the 30 active requests means up to thirty
python processes running at any one time. Since each process can only
serve a single request, this limits the number of simultaneous
requests your app can handle. This makes sense since each process has
memory demands that appengine needs to keep under control. Reading
between the lines, you'll be able to pay for more when billing is
introduced.

If there are 30 active processes and another request comes in, it'll
be queued under one of these is free. Ultimately these will timeout
with an error if they have to wait too long.

As for the CPU limits, the free limit (at least for my account) is
46.30 hours in a 24 hour period, so just under 2000 ms-cpu for each
second. The extra processes would be for bursts then, not traffic that
sustains all day.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

cheers
Michael