I love GAE!

I know it has been discussed in the past, but I bring it up again
because I keep running into it over and over: please can we have a way
to access the key for a ReferenceProperty without loading the entity?
It's my understanding that currently the only way to do this is create
a separate StringProperty to hold the key?

I note from the documentation that "An application can explicitly
db.get() the value of a ReferenceProperty (which is a Key) to test
whether the referenced entity exists."  99% of the time this is what I
want to do, but not with db.get() -- with memcache.get().

I love GAE!
Ben