Hi ramu,

I have been waiting for something similar. The functionality seems to
be in the roadmap http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/roadmap.html
# Support for scheduled tasks
# Task queues for performing background processing

However, when I searched the group for "cron" (the unix scheduler) I
found a thread that implies that some of the functionality is already
out:
Here is the related thread :
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/4376bdd02b7bfa3f/6b166536dc4668f3

diomedes