Before 1.1.9 I had been using bulkload.Loader with my own HandleEntity
which
1) added a key_name to the entity
2) added a __searchable_text_index property to the entity using
search.SearchableModel
3) updated some counters in other entities

Here's my migration experience.

- I had to modify my loader script to override the GenerateKey method
to do the job of (1). Note that GenerateKey takes a list of values as
argument.
- HandleEntity used to take a datastore.Entity object. As of 1.1.9
HandleEntity now takes a db.Model object. That means I can't use
SearchableModel (see point 2) directly because that expects a
datastore.Entity. Any help on this?
- returning None from HandleEntity used to mean: don't update the
entity. Now it's TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable*
- what happened to the --cookie option? now I have enter my email and
password every time i'm loading data into the dev server. it was
convenient  to specify --
cookie='dev_appserver_login="use...@gmail.com:True"'

* Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 1305, in run
    self.PerformWork()
  File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 1381, in PerformWork
    item.content = self.request_manager.EncodeContent(item.rows)
  File "/Applications/GoogleAppEngineLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/
GoogleAppEngine-default.bundle/Contents/Resources/google_appengine/
google/appengine/tools/bulkloader.py", line 812, in EncodeContent
    entities.extend(entity)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable