On Feb 15, 6:34 am, thebrianschott <schott.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried this code, but the "next" copy with "joan2" does not get
> put() into the datastore, only the original copy with "joan".  Can you
> tell me how to do this without doing it attribute by attribute,
> please?

This line:

  nextplace=place

... does not copy the entity but makes variable `nextplace` point to
the same entity as `place`. You can copy the property values like
this:

  nextplace = Group(key_name="joan2")
  nextplace.place = place.place
  nextplace.zoom = place.zoom
  nextplace.put()

Alternatively, you can loop on all properties using Model.properties()
[1] and call getattr/setattr to copy the property values.

[1]
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/modelclass.html#Model_properties