On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:33 PM, boson <dan.kam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen a number of threads going back concerning Pylons [1] support
> and problems in App Engine.  Also there is a "appengine-monkey" patch
> [2] that attempts to integrate Pylons (but looks kinda scary).
> What is the latest & greatest status / wisdom on this?

Pylons works with appengine-monkey, but take somes fiddling on some
systems.  The main issue is that Setuptools' pkg_resources depends on
some parts of the stdlib that are missing in App Engine.. things
related to files and loading modules.  Google added more support in
SDK 1.1.9 but it's still not enough to run Pylons without
appengine-monkey.  The details are here:

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=60

You may also encounter the problem this guy had with "import site":

http://groups.google.com/group/pylons-discuss/browse_thread/thread/cf4d9538891d31ad/0a687c703eb58fe4

The latest instructions for installing Pylons on App Engine are here:

http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/Creating+a+Pylons+application+for+Google+App+Engine

There are some newer developments with pip and a newer
appengine-monkey command (mentioned in the pylons-discuss thread), and
the possibility of an unzip-and-go Pylons SDK, but I haven't tested
them yet so I don't want to get into them just now.

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>