i use gae-rest http://www.ohloh.net/p/gae-rest after finding that
r.e.s.t. is more preferable than s.o.a.p.
conditioned users.get_current_user() == feed.user for security.
feeds should be part of the standard webapp framework but are not and
according to what i read the django's syndication feature is
unsupported with the gae's default request handler.http://
docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/contrib/syndication/?from=olddocs

You may view my sample gae feed test start http://feeds2.feedburner.com/gaerest