You're in luck!!

the pyAMF project is exactly what you need.  pyamf.org

pyAMF very recently got a GAE adapter which allows it to work with
db.Model based classes.  The product I have been working on uses pyAMF
on GAE.  When we first started pyAMF was not working with GAE at all
and I had to modify it a lot to even get objects back and forth, but
now it not only works but even has some nice enhancements like keeping
track of keys that have been "get" and it doesn't do extra datastore
calls.

Nick Joyce, a lead developer on pyAMF, has been working on the GAE
adapter. With some feedback and ideas from myself it has turned out
great.

Good luck with your project.

-Mike Wesner