But, be mindful of the possibility of using the new remote_api to
create such updated counters, rather than "cron", if it's a one-time
change.

With a few extra lines of Python and a machine with enough time to run
the updates, out-of-date data structures can be brought up to date
without having to perform the hijinks of incremental updates on the
live site. For instance, with my deepFetch routine (see the Cookbook
entry here: http://is.gd/kChr), it's just matter of writing the usual
"for x in deepFetch(queryFun):" routine to iterate through and update
all data structures.

-Bryan