I am using the remote_api to run some jobs. However, I am running into
an issue when I try to create objects using the remote_api.  Is it not
possible to create objects from a script using remote_api?

Specifically I am trying to call a method that creates a new record in
a different model as part of it's job.  The job runs fine except that
no objects get created.  I have checked to see if it is creating them
in the local data store, but it does not appear to be.

Is the intention that all objects that get created should be handled
via an HTTP call?